Sunday, November 18, 2012

Life Update

Hello my sweet friends, it has been sometime since my last post and I am not quite sure where to begin.  This year has been filled with interesting journeys.

I lost one of my best friends (Kim) to leukemia in April and finalized my divorce in August.  Needless to say, through prayer and support from everyone around me, I have been able to pull through these and other things in my life.  My friend that passed away with Leukemia is the person that got me started in crafting.  She was a great woman and an awesome inspiration to me.  Kim was the type of woman that always had a smile on her face and made you believe that you could do anything as long as you tired.  I miss her everyday and have not really been able to get back to crafting since her passing.  I guess it is my way of mourning her absence.  I really do love crafting and have every intention in getting back into it, but might need a little more time.

As for my divorce, I guess I knew this day would eventually come due to so many issues in my 20 year marriage.  I was really anxious about it and did not know what life would be as a single woman again.  But through prayer and support of some very good friends in my life, I have actually started to do things I never thought would be possible.  

In July 2012 I went in for my annual physical and my doctor told me I was border line diabetic and showed signs of issues with my arteries.  Having been previously diagnosed with HBP, and weighing in at 160 pounds and only being 5'3 things were not in my favor of being healthy.  So that was the kick in the butt that I needed to get serious about my health and take my life back.  After all I have a beautiful daughter to take care of.

I began working out 4 to 5 days a week about 30 minutes each and slowly began to up the intensity and time spent doing my exercises.  I also changed the way I cooked and ate.  Believe it or not I completely gave up sodas and sweets.  Trust me when I say this was not easy, but very necessary for me.

I have lost 15 pounds and went from a size 10 to a size 8.  Working out and eating right is actually part of my life now and I totally enjoy it.  It actually feels really strange when I miss a workout....I know....I know...everyone says that...but trust me ladies it is the absolute truth.

I have even set up a goal for myself to participate in the Spartan Sprint May 2012 in Texas.  This is a 4 mile obstacle course that looks pretty serious -- but I figured I have plenty of time to loose a little more weight and build up a strong body in order to compete in this awesome event.  I will be posting some pictures along the way.

Take care and may God Bless you -- Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment