Friday, August 26, 2011

Little did I know ... by Gracie Brown


Little did I know … my life would change forever the day I held you in my arms 
Little did I know … I could function on just 2 hours of sleep
Little did I know … how many bottles would need washing and how many diapers would need changing
Little did I know … how many loads of laundry a tiny body could produce
Little did I know … my favorite smell would be the top of your head to the bottom of your toes
Little did I know … the sweetest kisses come from babies
Little did I know … how enchanting it is to watch you while sleeping
Little did I know … that taking you to the doctor for immunizations would make me cry more than you
Little did I know … getting your first tooth could be so exciting and painful all at the same time
Little did I know … how much a heart could GROW
Little did I know … you would teach me the true meaning of giving – when you held out your hand and dropped your entire allowance in the offering plate at mass
Little did I know …decorating for Christmas would put the look of amazement in your eyes
Little did I know… taking you to your first day of school would be harder for me than you
Little did I know …losing your first tooth happens on picture day at school and that your tongue fills the gap nicely
Little did I know … my heart would skip a beat when I heard your name called during Kindergarten graduation
Little did I know … dropping you off for your first sleepover would keep me up all night
Little did I know … Middle school award assembly’s would make me so proud
Little did I know … hearing you say  “Mom, your not coming with me are you?” would hurt so bad
Little did I know … shopping for your first date would be so bitter sweet
Little did I know … in order for you to spread your wings I had to withdraw mine
Little did I know that all of these wonderful moments would lead me to be blessed by a wonderful daughter like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment