Sunday, August 28, 2011

CDAC Progressive Challenge - Series 1

CDAC is having an awesome progressive challenge beginning in August and ending in November.  Click on over to CDAC for further details on this challenge and sign up to play with us.  You will have the chance to win some great prizes add some free images to your digital collection from some really talented artists.

I used 2 images out of the 6 that were offered…I loved them all but a girl only has so much time in a day.  My first entry is this adorable little girl created by Whoopsiedaisy Digital Stamps





I started with a piece of craft card stock cut at 8 X 5 ½ and scored at 4 in on the 8 in side to create my card base.  The background paper was distressed around the edges.  I then used the straight stitch tool and ran in on the back side of the paper to get some outie piercings and inked the front of paper with distressing ink.  Then I layered the red cardstock on black and adhered to the background paper.  I used a spellbinder die to cut out the base for my digital image and colored.  The sentiment was stamped, punched  and layered on a red piece of cardstock.  I then created 3 rolled roses and hand painted them, let dry and adhered as the final step in creating this card. 

Products used:
Copics – C5, C7, C9, E50, E51, E53, R20, E55, YG97, YR65, R22, R24, R27, T3, N1, N2
Spica Glitter Pens – Silver, Orange, Lipstick
Paper – MME Lost & Found – Union Square
Sentiment  - TPC Studio – Brush Stroke Greetings
Lindys Stamp Gang – Crème Brulee Cream, Cattail, Cooper Brown, Rudolph’s Nose Red
Tim Holtz – Black soot & Vintage photo distressing inks, distressing tool
Sew Easy – Straight Stitch Tool
Spellbinders – Lacey Ovales
StampinUp – Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch
McGill – Birch Leaf Punch
Twinkling H20’s – Golden Jade, Burnt Umber

This is my 2nd entry for the first progressive CDAC challenge.  This cute little guy was created by JenLee of Digistamps4Joy



I started with a 12 X 12 sheet of TH kraft resist paper and cut it down to 8 X 8 and scored at 4 in to create my base card.  Then cutting strips of paper I layered the background.  I also hand tore the flower, stamps and Eiffel tower images and inked the edges with distressing ink.  I cut a strip of newsprint paper and adhered the mini alphas to them and cut out leaving a small edge and bent up the edges and inked with distressing ink.  After I colored the digital image I did some fussy cutting and layered him 2 rectangles using some dimension adhesive.

Products used:
Copic Markers – E18, E35, E37, E39, E50, E51, E53, R20, N1, Y21, Y26, E31, N2, R37, C3, C5, C7, C9
Paper – 7 Gypsies Lillie (Collections from the Journey), MME Lost & Found (Union Square)
Tim Holtz – Tissue tape, Vintage Photo distressing ink, Kraft resist paper
Die Cut Alphabet – Studio 112 from JoAnn

Take care and God Bless ~ Gracie Brown

5 comments:

  1. OOOh, the card of the dancing girl is beautiful! I love the colours you used!! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful All!!!!!!!!!!! hugs Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE ~ Ruza, CDAC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what great projects! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have knocked my socks off! These are so my style and I love them both! Distressing is my middle name :) ! totally gorgeous creations, we are so glad you shared your work! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    donna

    ReplyDelete